Dr. Balchand Prajapati
Assistant Professor , School of Liberal Studies
Balchand Prajapati did his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and M.Sc. from Banaras Hindu University. His research interest include derivations on rings and group rings and related areas. Detail profile will be available at https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=KBUzx-sAAAAJ&hl=en
Before joining Ambedkar University Delhi in 2012 Balchand Prajapati was a Visiting Faculty in Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences from 2011 to 2012.
My Zone / Area of Expertise
Assistant Professor: Ambedkar University Delhi From July 2012-Till Date.
- Undergraduate Level
- Logic and Reasoning
- Introduction to Mathematical Thinking
- Analysis I, Analysis II
- Algebra I, Algebra II, Algebra III
- Mathematical Finance
- Postgraduate Level
Visiting Faculty: BITS-Pilani, K K Birla Goa Campus, Goa, From Feb 2011 to July 2012
- Mathematics I (Integration and Vector Calculus)
- Mathematics II (Linear Algebra and Complex Analysis)
- Mathematics III (Differential Equations)
- Numerical Analysis
Teaching Assistant: Department of Mathematics, IIT Delhi, July 2005 –June 2010.
- Tutorial Classes For B. Tech. Students
- Engineering Mathematics-I
- Engineering Mathematics-II
- Introduction to Analysis and Differential Equations
- Introduction to Algebra and Matrix Analysis
- At Ambedkar University Delhi:
- Member of Scholarship Committee
- Member of Evaluation and Attendance Committee
- Member of SUS time table committee
- Programme Coordinator (SUS) Mathematics/Member of Academic Coordination Committee
- Member of Library advisory committee
- Member of group of consultative meeting for CSAM
- Review of the web course Linear Algebra “National Project on Technology Enhanced
- Learning (NPTEL)” hosted by IITs and IISc.
- Organized a workshop on “Learning to use LaTeX for writing/publishing and presenting”
- Design course curriculums of the courses “Ring Theory” and “Group Theory” at AMITY University.
- Design course curriculum of the courses “Mathematics for computer sciences” at Ambedkar University Delhi.
At BITS Pilani, Goa Campus:
- Coordinator of Practice School I (PSI), From 23-May-2011 to 15-July-2011. Member of question bank preparation team for BITSAT (BITS Admission Test).
- Qualified Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-University Grant commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) of December 2004 for Lectureship.
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) at Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2005 with a score of 96.56 percentile.
- DST-SERB Ongoing Project: PI-B Prajapati CoPI-R K Sharma, Title: Derivation on group algebra and its application, File No. EMR/2016/001550, Amout: 4,91,198 INR
- R K Sharma, B Prajapati and S K Shah, N-additive Mappings, Algebras Groups and Geometries, 25, Issue 4 Dec 2008, 401-412.
- R K Sharma and B Prajapati, Lie Ideal and Generalized Jordan Left Derivation on Semiprime Rings, Italian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, N-30, 2013, 15-22.
- B Prajapati and R K Sharma, On Lie Ring of Generalized Derivations, International Journal of Mathematical Archive 5(10), 2014, 121-125.
- R K Sharma and B Prajapati, Generalized derivations and commutativity of prime Banach algebras, Beiträge zur Algebra und Geometrie/Contributions to Algebra and Geometry, 58(1), 2017, 179–187.
- S K Tiwari, B Prajapati and R K Sharma, Banach algebra with generalized derivations, Asian-European Journal of Mathematics, 10(4), 2017, doi:10.1142/S1793557117500693
- S K Tiwari and B Prajapati ,Generalized derivations act as a Jordan homomorphism on multilinear polynomials, Communications in Algebra, 47(7), 2019, 2777-2797 doi:10.1080/00927872.2018.1539174
Seminar / Conferences
- Presented a paper entitled “Lie Ideal and Jordan left derivation on Semiprime Ring” in the conference of Indian Mathematical Society (IMS) 2008 held in Allahabad University 27-30 Dec 2008.
- Workshop and Conference in Arithmetic Geometry March 24-29, 2008 held at TIFR, NCBS centre.
- Pre Conference workshop on Discrete Mathematics (January 6-10, 2009), Jubilee Conference on Discrete Mathematics (January 11-13, 2009) held at Banasthali University.
- Advances in Mathematics: Focus on Women in Mathematics during October 5-7, 2009 at JNU, School of Physical Sciences.
- ICM 2010 held in University of Hyderabad, 19-27 August 2010.
- Groups Actions Computations 2010, Held in HRI Allahabad, 01-12 September 2010.
- Delivered a talk entitled “Derivations on Triangular Algebra” at School of Physical Sciences, JNU, Delhi, 06-March-2012.
- UGC sponsored orientation course at Banaras Hindu University from June 13, 2014 to July 10, 2014.
- UGC sponsored refresher course at Jadavpur University from June 16, 2015 to July 6, 2015.
- National Centre for Mathematics sponsored “Instructional school for teachers on algebra” at MNIT Jaipur from Dec 7, 2015 to Dec 19, 2015.
- Member of evaluation and moderation committee, Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission, Dec 22, 2015 to Dec 30, 2015.
- Member of evaluation and moderation committee, Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission, Nov 17, 2016 to Nov 24, 2016.
- Member of evaluation and moderation committee, Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission, Oct 24, 2017 to Oct 29, 2017.
- Member of selection committee, Bhubneshwar, PGT-Mathematics, May 25, 2017 to May 26, 2017.
- Presented a paper entitled “n-commuting skew higher derivation on semiprime ring” in the conference International conference on algebra, discrete mathematics and applications, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada university Aurangabad, Maharashtra, 09-11 Dec 2017.
- Member of evaluation and moderation committee, Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission, Apr 5, 2018 to Apr 7, 2018.
- Member of selection committee, Bhubneshwar, PGT-Mathematics, Jul 23, 2018 to Jul 24, 2018.
- Presented a paper entitled “Higher Derivations and Posner’s Second Theorem on Semiprime Rings” in the conference International Conference on Algebra and Continuum Mechanics, Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh, 23-25 Nov 20